Scoop.it is an opportunity to publish great content on your own magazine. As a curator you selected the best articles for your topic and, of course, you want everyone to recognize your work. Take ownership of your magazine: make it stand out thanks to our customization tools!
1. Basic customization (all versions)
Scoop.it Free version enables your topic to look good and personal. Select a topic on your Dashboard to be redirected to its Curate page then click on Manage>Customization.
- Choose a topic icon: Upload your own image and select its position among the available choices, see the result in the Preview section. Save when you’re satisfied.
- Set a background: click on the background color bar to make the selector wheel appear, click on the color that best fits your topic then click OK to preview or upload your own image. Save when you’re done.
2. Customize your header/footer (with Scoop.it Business)
If you want your topic to reflect your Web site’s look & feel, Scoop.it Business is the way to go: brand your topic easily with a custom header and footer that match your site’s.
- If your site’s header is simple and text-based, using the Topic Header tab can be enough: edit the font family, size and color of your topic title and description.
- But if you’re using graphics, links and HTML, use the Insert HTML tab:
In the empty field, paste a custom HTML/CSS code which will completely change your topic header. Remodel it to your company's or website's look and feel:
- Insert your own links, such as for instance your site’s navigation bar or links to your social networks accounts
- add your own images and place them anywhere you want
- hide elements from the original header
On top of creating your own HTML/CSS code, you can use existing templates to facilitate this customization: see section 3.
- Note that you can also customize the Header: change its background, font or upload your logo to replace the Scoop.it logo in the upper left
- Finally, you can also edit the Footer: background, font, add your own links
3. Use the available templates (Scoop.it Business)Different types of templates are available on the platform to support you with branding your topic if you don't have HTML/CSS skills.
Feel free to contact us if you need help!
4. More on Scoop.it Business Customization features
Discover more about customization with these other FAQs:
5. Some Examples of Fully Customized Topics