(If you're a Scoop.it Content Director customer, we offer as part of the yearly license a one-on-one session with one of our specialists to go over your suggestions and perform optimizations with you so make sure you reach out to your account manager to schedule it.)
1. My suggested content's quality is very poor
Some keywords might be too vague to specifically filter the content you want. For instance, if your topic is about "renewable energy market trends", energy will be too vague as it's also used as a noun in many common sentences. To overcome this problem, try to combine keywords:
- will return (1) content that mentions the word "renewable" (which is unspecific and vague) and (2) content that mentions "energy" (also unspecific and vague).
- will return content with all the forms of the word renewable and energy (ex: renew, ernergies...). But the two words won't be necessarily close by the other.
- will return the exact following word "renewable following by energy" - this is the exact match. The exact match is recommended for brand, acronym, proper noun, expression.
- You can also combine exact match and non exact match to improve the result.
Combining keyword is a great way to be more specific and get the content you really want to publish.
In addition, try to think about the keywords which are unique to the content you want: in the previous example, while energy is very vague, the word cleantech (or the 2-word expression "clean tech" with the 2 words combined as shown above) is much more specific and will generate much better results.
2. I'm seeing too many videos in my suggested content
Embedded videos can be great for curators but if you're seeing too many of them you can use the content type filters to focus on other content formats. Check or uncheck the content types you want to filter / leave out and click Apply right above.
3. My suggestions are not sorted by date
By using the first option on the left of the suggestion panel, you can chose to prioritize your suggestions by freshness or relevancy. Choose Freshness or Relevance from the dropdown menu shown below and click the Apply button right above.
4. My suggestion feed seems to be infinite
Scoop.it never stops trying to unearth new content for you. But if you'd like to maintain a clean suggestion inbox and/or focus on recent content only, you can do that by using the advanced configuration filters (premium customers only). Click on "Advanced configuration" and access the advanced filters to reach that screen: